Monday, March 4, 2024

Sending Love & Hugs - A Delightful Card with Simon Says Stamp!


Welcome, crafty enthusiasts! 

Today, I'm so filled with excitement to share a card I created using the March Simon Says Stamp Kit. From the moment I received this kit full of goodies, I couldn't wait to get my hands inky and unleash my creativity!


This kit is a dream, packed with exclusive elements that will have you reaching for each piece to create a quite a few beautiful cards.

Here's a peek inside the kit:


Now, let's take flight with my card design!

Began by heat embossing the largest butterfly from the stamp set with gold embossing powder, creating a stunning metallic effect.

I used my Oxide Inks to ink blend the butterfly, adding vibrant hues and depth and using the wafer die, I cut out the butterfly. Set aside.

Cut out a 3.5" x 3.5" circle and embossed it with the Dibble Tile 3D embossing folder, adding a touch of texture. On a piece of white pearlescent cardstock, I stamped the sentiment "Sending love & hugs" from the stamp set using Memento gold ink. 

a closer look of the supplies used: 




I carefully layered the embossed circle and sentiment onto my card base, using a green border and aqua cardstock layer for added visual interest. Using double-sided foam adhesive, I popped the metallic butterfly onto the embossed circle, creating a beautiful focal point. 

The sentiment was then placed below, and the green border added a finishing touch. To accentuate the card, I added a few rhinestones above the sentiment, adding a touch of sparkle. 

Finally, I used Glossy Accents to highlight the butterfly's wings, adding an extra layer of shine and dimension.


I absolutely love how this card turned out! 

It was a fantastic opportunity to practice my Oxide Inks Blending technique again, and I'm thrilled with the results.

Feeling inspired? 

Why not grab your own Simon Says Stamp kit and create a masterpiece of your own! 



If you're interested in exploring more of my handmade creations, be sure to follow me on social media. You can find the links located on the sidebar.

Follow me as I continue to share my passion for crafting and creativity!

Stay tuned for more creative endeavors and crafting adventures.

Have a creative kind of day!!


Patricia

No comments: