Pink & Yellow Morning Glories | Color Dare Challenge #720

  Welcome back Peeps!!

Today I want to share with you this beautiful Handmade Floral card I created as part of the design team for the Color Dare Challenge #720 

Some creative challenges push you to see a familiar element with completely new eyes, and this card was born from exactly that. Morning glories are flowers I almost always picture in blue or purple, but this month's challenge called for something different: pink, yellow, and green. So I decided to step out of my comfort zone and reimagine my favorite flower in a brand new palette.


This is the color pallete


It all started with the Simon Says Stamp September kit, the kind of kit you can't wait to open. The combination of inks, embossing folder, and coordinating stencils and dies made the whole process flow in a way that rarely feels this natural.

 the card base in a neutral tone, then layered a bright green panel on top that gave it that fresh contrast I wanted from the start. Over the main panel, I worked the embossing folder, leaving behind a delicate floral relief that became the perfect canvas for everything that followed.

The real star of the show is the morning glories, and this is where I let myself play: instead of their classic tones, I took them into pink and yellow, scattering them organically across the panel to create movement and visual balance. The kit includes both the stamps and coordinating dies, which made cutting each flower with precision quick and easy.

To finish the composition, I added the "love is all you need" sentiment at the bottom, letting the flowers frame it naturally. It was a surprisingly simple process from start to finish, and I ended up loving the result even more than I expected.


Be sure to visit Color Dare Challenge Blog and see all the inspiration from the team, hopefully you will feel inspire to participate in Challenge #720 !

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you love and enjoyed my card as much as I do !  


Patricia 

Comments

Melanie R said…
Lovely card, Patricia! What a great idea to add the embossed flowers to the embossed background.
Susan Renshaw said…
This is so pretty Patricia! Love it! Great make for Color Dare!